Our VP44 Pumps Come with a One Year, Unlimited Mile Warranty
VP44 Fuel Injection Pump Packages
For about $93 you can add a brand new replacement lift pump and fuel filter to your new VP44 injection pump. Don't risk damaging your new VP44 injection pump. Make sure to replace your lift pump every time you replace your injection pump for optimal fuel flow and injection pump life. If you already have a new lift pump installed you can keep this one as a back up in case your pump fails on the road. Buy piece of mind and save big with one of these VP44 pump packages.
Reman VP44027 Fuel Injection Pump
We are a certified 4 star remanufacturer. We use the most updated parts while building our pumps and replace all worn or damaged parts with brand new parts. We run every pump on a state-of-the-art calibration bench to insure that we ship each pump at or above original spec. Our calibration benches are updated quarterly with the most current calibration specifications, unlike some of our competitors. Don't be fooled by other companies claiming that they have an updated calibration that is unique to their pumps. We use the most current calibration available. We have over 20 years of experience and we stand by every pump that leaves our doors. We strive to ensure that our parts, quality, and service is second to none.
When replacing the VP44 Injection pump on a 5.9L 24 valve Dodge truck it is very highly recommended that you also replace the feed pump (CAVHFP923) and the fuel filter. These are the two major causes for VP44 pump failure. Failure to replace feed pump along with the Injection Pump may result in non warranted damage. It is highly recommended that the feed pump be changed along with the VP44 injection pump. Also an early warning sensor can help prevent pump failure. (1081130)
Performance chip & add on disclaimer
Tampering with the VP44 pump's wires can cause premature pump failure. If the wires are cut the pump is no longer warrantable, and any repairs that need to be made to the injection pump will be the buyer's responsibility. In the VP44 pump the fuel is used to cool and lubricate the pump, and the tolerances between the head and the rotor is very fine. Performance chip add-ons affect the cooling rate of the VP44 fuel injection pump. The pump will become hotter due to excessive RPMs from the chips programming. When the throttle is backed off the fuel to the pump is reduced, and the pump's cooling capabilities are greatly reduced. Since the VP44 pump is hotter from the increased RPMs the rotor seizes in the head and the pump fails. An alternative to cutting into the pump's wires is to use a chip that plugs directly into the trucks ECM. This approach will allow for an increase in HP while not excessively heating the fuel pump. A great example of this is the DiabloSport Power Puck, which is specifically designed to run the VP44 in safe RPM range.
Defective VP44 Engine Codes
The retrieval of codes does not constitute an engine diagnosis. However, there are some codes that usually indicate a defective VP44 injection pump. A current P1688 always means that the pump is bad, there is no further diagnosis required. Code P0216 is probably the most common code for VP44 Pumps. If transfer pump pressure has been checked and is O.K., the injection pump is defective. Other codes that are less common are P0180, P0181, P0215, P0251, P0252, P0253, P0254, P0370, P1287, P1689 and P1690. These codes USUALLY, but not always indicate a defective pump. There are wiring and power checks to be performed if these codes are present. These codes relate to Dodge pickups only, and are not for any other ISB application.
Problems With Newly Installed VP44 Pumps
Some customers have reported running issues within the first month of VP44 pump installation. The usual symptoms are excessive blue or white smoke, or a 216 engine code. While these issues would point to a defective pump the usual cause is an incorrectly installed or damaged pump drive key.
The key is the small slightly offset half moon shaped steel piece that is used to set the timing for the injection pump. It is installed in the slot on the pump drive shaft and is indexed to the slot on the drive gear on the engine.
To resolve this issue the pump should be pulled off and a new key installed. A new key will need to be purchased to replace the damaged one. There are several different key numbers and the correct one needs to be installed. Non-warrantable damage to the pump or engine may occur if an incorrect key is installed on a VP pump. To order a new key retrieve the key number and call us so we can ship the correct one. The key number can be found stamped on the key as well as on the pump name plate. The type of number to look for on the key or nameplate is a 3 digit number that starts with a zero, like .045, or .036.
While a damaged key is the most common cause of issues on new VP44 pump installations, there may be other factors as well (such as air leaks or a faulty lift pump). If you have any questions or need help troubleshooting a fuel system problem please feel free to call and speak with one of our qualified technicians.
Find the Engine Serial # on Cummins ISB 24 Valve 5.9L Engines
The Engine Serial number is on the engine data plate, which can be found on the drivers side of the timing gear case (see below picture). The plate shows the CPL (control parts list) number, date of manufacture, timing specs, & the engine serial number. To insure that you receive the correct pump please type the Serial Number of your engine in the comments while placing your order. Before we process the order we will cross-reference your engine serial number to the correct VP44 fuel injection pump.
|Year||1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002|
0 470 506 005
0 470 506 011
0 470 506 015
0 470 506 022
0 470 506 027
0 501 1041 AB
0 501 1041 AA
0 501 3925 AA
0 501 5721 AA
0 501 9658 AA
0 501 9658 AB
0 501 9658 AC
0 501 9658 AD
367 6670 RX
393 7671 RX
394 3760 RX
394 6135 RX
R 501 1041 AB
R 501 1041 AA
R 501 3925 AA
R 501 5721 AA
R 501 9658 AA
R 501 9658 AB
R 501 9658 AC
R 501 9658 AD
This VP44 exchange item has a core value!
We do not charge for the core at the time of purchase
Unlike some of our competitors
We do not charge for return shipping on old cores
We only charge if you do not return the core
What this means for our customers:
There are no annoying rebates to deal with. We only charge you if you do not send us the old core within 30 DAYS of purchase! We pay for return shipping on old cores. We make core return as quick and painless as possible!
Definition of Core:
- The core is the old unit, which was replaced by the new or rebuilt item.
- Many replacement parts such as pumps, injectors, turbochargers and high pressure oil pumps have a core charge that is associated with the part. All cores must be like for like and include all parts and pieces that were received on your replacement product.
- All cores must be returned in rebuildable condition to receive full credit.
Core Physical Condition:
- No core credit will be issued for cores that have been in a fire, disassembled, or severely damaged or broken.
- Partial core credit may be issued for cores that have a seized head and rotor, cracked housings, contamination (water, biodiesel, waste vegetable oil, etc), or missing parts or pieces.
Non Credit Card Orders:
All orders paid by any method other than a credit card (PayPal, COD, etc.) will require a credit card on file for the core value. The credit card will not be charged unless the core is not returned in the specified time frame. A refundable core charge can also be arranged. Please call for further details.
Core Return Procedure:
- Drain all fluids (oil, fuel, etc.) before the core is returned.
- Use all plastic plugs and caps received on the replacement item on the return core.
- Wrap in sturdy plastic bag to prevent leakage. Any wet packages may result in damaged or denied packages.
- Pack the core in the original box. Be sure to use any cardboard braces or internal cushioning provided.
- Complete the included core return form and place inside the package.
- Apply the return service label over the original shipping label on the external package. The item must be shipped using the return service label for free return freight.
- If for any reason you decide to return the new item DO NOT use the return service label. See the return policy for more details.
- If you no longer have your return label please contact TheDieselStore’s core department by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 877.375.7867.
- Customers outside of the continental United States (i.e. AK, HI, and all U.S. Territories) will be responsible for shipping the core back within the specified time frame. UPS return service labels can only be sent to customers in the continental United States.
- International customers are responsible for the return freight. Return service labels are not issued for International orders.
- Drop off the core at a local UPS store or drop location.
- If for any reason you are shipping the core back to The Diesel Store using any method other than the return service label provided please e-mail the tracking number and invoice number to email@example.com.
After 30 Days:
- The credit card we have on file will be charged the amount of the core (amount will vary and will appear on the invoice).
- If the core is returned after 30 days a full refund of the core charge minus 10% will be issued to the customer.
- If the core is returned after 60 days 50% of the core charge will be refunded.
- If the core is returned after 90 days we reserve the right to deny or refund up to 50% of the core charge.
High Performance VP44 Note:
Effective January 1, 2012 all VP44HPX (High Performance VP44 Pumps) installed must have at least a 95 GPH (Gallon Per Hour) flow rate transfer pump also installed to be covered under our full One Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty. No warranty will be offered for VP44HPX Pumps that are installed with a transfer pump below 95GPH flow rate. Proof of a transfer pump meeting these requirements will be required at the time a warranty claim is made on a VP44HPX. Transfer pumps meeting or exceeding these requirements are, but not limited to, the FASS Heavy Duty, Titanium, Platinum, and Fuel Pump Series. Owners with a FASS or Airdog Transfer pump will be required to submit their transfer pump serial number and a copy of the receipt for verification through the respective manufacturers, at the time of a warranty claim. If you have any questions as to whether or not your transfer pump meets these requirements please feel free to call one of our knowledgeable customer service representatives at 877.375.7867.
Please Call Us Toll Free @ 877.375.7867 or click here to email us.
Revision A • 2/16/2012