New From TheDieselStore.com
The Newly Rebuilt
Platinum Edition VP44 Pump
Are you in the market for a good quality VP44 pump? Why not go with a Platinum Edition VP44? Buy the Best VP44 pump for your truck.
*Stock 90% NEW Key Bosch Components Injection Pump*
This Injection Pump is completely rebuilt and tested by certified Bosch technicians using New Key Bosch Components including:
- Pump Housing
- Timing Piston
- Over Flow Valve
- PSG Pump Control Unit.
This pump is built to last. Along with these New Key Bosch Components. We will also give you the best warranty available, our 2 Year Unlimited Mile Warranty. Your hard working truck deserves the "Platinum Edition VP44 Pump".
This pump is available in both the 235 HP and the 245 HP.
Our VP44027N Pumps Come with a 2 Year Unlimited Mile Warranty
VP44 027 Remanufactured Fuel Injection Pump
This is the OEM replacement for 1998.5-2002 Dodge Cummins 5.9L Automatic 24V ISB Engine 235HP.
We buy our pumps from an Bosch certified remanufacturer. They use the most updated quality parts to build our pumps and replace all worn or damaged parts with brand new Bosch parts. They run every pump on a state-of-the-art calibration bench to insure that we ship each pump at or above original spec. Unlike some of our competitors, their calibration benches are updated quarterly with the most current Bosch calibration specs available. Our manufacturer has over 20 years of experience and stands by every pump that leaves their doors. We strive to ensure that our parts, quality, and service are second to none.
NOTE: When replacing the VP44 Injection pump on a 5.9L 24 valve Dodge truck it is very highly recommended that you also replace the feed pump (HFP923) and the fuel filter. These are the two major causes for VP44 pump failure. Failure to replace feed pump along with the Injection Pump may result in non-warranted damage. It is highly recommended that the feed pump be changed along with the VP44 injection pump. Also an early warning sensor can help prevent pump failure. (1081130)
Performance chip add-ons & Tampering/Cut wires disclaimer: Performance chip add-ons affect the cooling rate of the VP44 fuel injection pump. The use of Performance chip and add-ons will void the warranty for the VP44.Tampering with the VP44 pump wires can cause premature pump failure. If the wires are cut the pump is no longer warrantable. Any repairs that need to be made to the injection pump will be the buyer's responsibility.
Defective VP44 Engine Codes: The retrieval of codes does not constitute an engine diagnosis. However, there are some codes that usually indicate a defective VP44 injection pump. A current P1688 always means that the pump is bad, there is no further diagnosis required. Code P0216 is probably the most common code for VP44 Pumps. If transfer pump pressure has been checked and is O.K., the injection pump is defective. Other codes that are less common are P0180, P0181, P0215, P0251, P0252, P0253, P0254, P0370, P1287, P1689 and P1690. These codes USUALLY, but not always indicate a defective pump. There are wiring and power checks to be performed if these codes are present. These codes relate to Dodge pickups only, and are not for any other ISB application.
Common Problems with Newly Installed VP44 Pumps: Some customers have reported running issues within the first month of VP44 pump installation. The usual symptoms are excessive blue or white smoke, or a 216 engine code. While these issues would point to a defective pump the usual cause is an incorrectly installed or damaged pump drive key.
The key is the small slightly offset half-moon shaped steel piece that is used to set the timing for the injection pump. It is installed in the slot on the pump drive shaft and is indexed to the slot on the drive gear on the engine.
To resolve this issue the pump should be pulled off and a new key installed. A new key will need to be purchased to replace the damaged one. There are several different key numbers and the correct one needs to be installed. Non-warrantable damage to the pump or engine may occur if an incorrect key is installed on a VP pump. To order a new key retrieve the key number and call us so we can ship the correct one. The key number can be found stamped on the key as well as on the pump name plate. The type of number to look for on the key or nameplate is a 3 digit number that starts with a zero, like .045, or .036.
While a damaged key is the most common cause of issues on new VP44 pump installations, there may be other factors as well (such as air leaks or a faulty lift pump). If you have any questions or need help troubleshooting a fuel system problem please feel free to call and speak with one of our qualified technicians.
Find the Engine Serial # on Cummins ISB 24 Valve 5.9L Engines: The Engine Serial number is on the engine data plate, which can be found on the drivers side of the timing gear case (see below picture). The plate shows the CPL (control parts list) number, date of manufacture, timing specs, & the engine serial number. To insure that you receive the correct pump please type the Serial Number of your engine in the comments while placing your order. Before we process the order we will cross-reference your engine serial number to the correct VP44 fuel injection pump.
|Year||1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002|
|Model||Ram 2500, Ram 3500|
|Core Policy Selection||No Core Policy|
0 470 506 005
0 470 506 011
0 470 506 015
0 470 506 022
0 470 506 027
0 501 1041 AB
0 501 1041 AA
0 501 3925 AA
0 501 5721 AA
0 501 9658 AA
0 501 9658 AB
0 501 9658 AC
0 501 9658 AD
367 6670 RX
393 7671 RX
394 3760 RX
394 6135 RX
R 501 1041 AB
R 501 1041 AA
R 501 3925 AA
R 501 5721 AA
R 501 9658 AA
R 501 9658 AB
R 501 9658 AC
R 501 9658 AD
This VP44 exchange item has a core value!
We do not charge for the core at the time of purchase*
Unlike some of our competitors
We do not charge for return shipping on old cores
We only charge if you do not return the core
What this means for our customers:
There are no annoying rebates to deal with. We only charge you if you do not send us the old core within 14 DAYS of purchase! We pay for return shipping on old cores. We make core return as quick and painless as possible!
Definition of Core:
- The core is the old unit, which was replaced by the new or rebuilt item.
- Many replacement parts such as pumps, injectors, turbochargers and high pressure oil pumps have a core charge that is associated with the part. All cores must be like for like and include all parts and pieces that were received on your replacement product.
- All cores must be returned in rebuildable condition to receive full credit.
Core Physical Condition:
- No core credit will be issued for cores that have been in a fire, disassembled, or severely damaged or broken.
- Partial core credit may be issued for cores that have a seized head and rotor, cracked housings, contamination (water, biodiesel, waste vegetable oil, etc), or missing parts or pieces.
*Non Credit Card Orders:
All orders paid by any method other than a credit card (PayPal, E-Bay, COD, etc.) will require full payment for the core charge upfront. Please call for further details.
Core Return Procedure:
- Drain all fluids (oil, fuel, etc.) before the core is returned.
- Use all plastic plugs and caps received on the replacement item on the return core.
- Wrap in sturdy plastic bag to prevent leakage. Any wet packages may result in damaged or denied packages.
- Pack the core in the original box. Be sure to use any cardboard braces or internal cushioning provided.
- Complete the included core return form and place inside the package.
- Apply the return service label over the original shipping label on the external package. The item must be shipped using the return service label for free return freight.
- If for any reason you decide to return the new item DO NOT use the return service label. See the return policy for more details.
- If you no longer have your return label please contact TheDieselStore’s core department by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 877.375.7867.
- Customers outside of the continental United States (i.e. AK, HI, and all U.S. Territories) will be responsible for shipping the core back within the specified time frame. UPS return service labels can only be sent to customers in the continental United States.
- International customers are responsible for the return freight. Return service labels are not issued for International orders.
- Drop off the core at a local UPS store or drop location.
- If for any reason you are shipping the core back to The Diesel Store using any method other than the return service label provided please e-mail the tracking number and invoice number to email@example.com.
After 14 Days:
- The credit card we have on file will be charged the amount of the core (amount will vary and will appear on the invoice).
- If the core is returned after 14 days a full refund of the core charge minus 10% will be issued to the customer.
- If the core is returned after 30 days 50% of the core charge will be refunded.
- If the core is returned after 45 days we reserve the right to deny or refund up to 50% of the core charge.
High Performance VP44 Note:
Effective January 1, 2012 all VP44HPX (High Performance VP44 Pumps) installed must have at least a 95 GPH (Gallon Per Hour) flow rate transfer pump also installed to be covered under our full One Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty. No warranty will be offered for VP44HPX Pumps that are installed with a transfer pump below 95GPH flow rate. Proof of a transfer pump meeting these requirements will be required at the time a warranty claim is made on a VP44HPX. Transfer pumps meeting or exceeding these requirements are, but not limited to, the FASS Heavy Duty, Titanium, Platinum, and Fuel Pump Series. Owners with a FASS or Airdog Transfer pump will be required to submit their transfer pump serial number and a copy of the receipt for verification through the respective manufacturers, at the time of a warranty claim. If you have any questions as to whether or not your transfer pump meets these requirements please feel free to call one of our knowledgeable customer service representatives at 877.375.7867.
Please Call Us Toll Free @ 877.375.7867 or click here to email us.
Revision B • 5/8/2015